• Barnadown Run is being sold on a walk in walk out basis, the sale includes all wine making equipment, vineyard equipment, farm machinery, household furniture, wine show display, Barnadown Run business name, label trademark, website and clients database. (Remaining wine stock can be negotiated separately).
• Barnadown Run is on 36.04 hectares of highly sought-after Cambrian soil on the western side of the Mt Camel range.
• A 10 acre vineyard was planted in 1994 and sits at 930 feet above sea level. Constantly in draught this equates to coolness during the growing season and helps greatly in the control of fungal issues. Importantly also, it is above the frost line.
• The vineyard is fundamentally dry grown, but drip irrigation can be used if required, and is planted mainly in Shiraz with other varieties being Viognier, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Malbec.
• The property has a strong water supply with three dams, a reliable bore (under 500 parts per million salt) and a gravity feed irrigation system to the vineyard and stock troughs.
• Approximately 60 acres of the farm is on a share farm arrangement and is cropped mainly with canola or wheat. This acreage would be ideal to extend the vineyard for increased production.
•The balance of the farm is on steeper country which is suitable for grazing or building a house with a view. The views are magnificent.
• Improvements to the property include, winery with pine lined walls, drainage, hot water, laboratory area, toilet facilities and a large external concrete apron
• Above the winery is a two-bedroom dwelling with office, kitchen, dinette, lounge and bathroom and toilet.
• Shedding includes a large storage shed with lean-too, machinery shed enclosed on three sides and a gravity fed crusher plant with lighting & power.